Help Us Expand Our Medical Centre With The Power Of #Nasio20
Medical Centre expansion appeal
Our 20th Anniversary appeal is to raise funds to expand our GMK Medical Centre in Mumias.
The Medical Centre was set up in 2016 and offers lifesaving health care in the heart of Musanda, treating over 11,000 patients and safely delivering nearly 500 babies a year. It currently has capacity for 15 inpatients, and we plan to expand our services to allow us to cater for up to 60 inpatients. We also want to build 3 new wards (children’s ward, male ward and female ward), along with an operating theatre, X-ray room and pharmacy.
Readily accessible healthcare saves lives, and our aim is to raise £150,000 to enable us to provide more lifesaving healthcare to our vulnerable communities, which is so desperately needed.
Healthcare is key to Nasio’s approach. Help us build empowered, healthy communities and break the cycle of poverty.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Any fundraising activity would work – get creative and why not get the whole family involved too?
You could bake and sell 20 cakes, do a sponsored 20 hour silence (parents might like this one), walk, cycle or run 20 miles, or even watch your favourite TV series for 20 consecutive hours – the choice is yours! Check out this list of suggested fun fundraising ideas to give you some inspiration:
- Walk, run or cycle 20km
- Complete 20,000 steps in a weekend
- Bake 20 different things and sell them at work
- Give up alcohol for 20 days
- Have an ice cold shower every day for 20 days
- Play 20 different board games in a weekend
- Wear 20 different items of clothing for the day
- Zumba for 20 straight hours
- Watch 20 films in one day
- Read 20 books in 20 days
- Do 20 sit ups/20 planks for 20 days
- Go vegetarian for 20 days
- Hop for 20 minutes
- Stay silent for 20 hours/20 minutes
- Go screen free for 20 hours
- Give up driving for 20 days – walk/cycle instead!
- Knit 20 red jumpers for Nasio
For a donation of £10 (plus £3 postage) you will receive a symbolic brick (toy stress brick) which will represent your contribution to the new building. At the opening of the new In-patient ward we will unveil a plaque with all the names of those who have contributed.
MAKING A DONATION IS EASY
Your donation will help go directly towards the expansion of the medical centre. You can donate in the following ways:
- Just Giving
- Via MPESA – Paybill No. 4060357
- Bank Transfer – To 30-10-04 01074758 Ref ‘Brick Appeal’
- Send a cheque, made payable to ‘The Nasio Trust’: The Nasio Trust, 10 Broad Street, Abingdon, OX14 3LH. Please mark the back of the cheque with the reference ‘Brick Appeal’.